- Zone: 6
- Height: 40′-50′, 25′-30′ spread
- Growth: 13–24″ per year.
- Native southwestern cypress with aromatic gray-green needles
- This evergreen has a dense, cone-shaped crown that tends to be more upright when young and more spreading with age.
- It is very drought and heat tolerant once it is established.
- It grows best in sunny sites with well drained soil.
- For windbreaks 6-foot spacing in rows is recommended
Arizona Cypress (Cupressus arizonica) is a New Mexico Native. Arizona Cypress is a fast-growing evergreen reaching 40′ and 20′ wide. It is ideal for creating windbreaks and screens because of it’s dense foliage. Pyramidal in shape with color varying from blue, blue-green, to green. Seeds are found in cones that open after wildfires. Low to regular water. Hardy to USDA Zone 6.